Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Home

When I came to college I thought I was moving away from home. But in reality I was really creating a new home. I never thought that the cinder block walls would become a sanctuary, but after going "back home" for Thanksgiving, I realized that my childhood home isn't the same place to me that it used to be. Suddenly it's "my parent's house" or my "house house" but not really my home anymore. It's not a completely bad thing, just a different thing. It is a little bit comforting to know that I can feel at home in places that seem so completely un-homely. Being with my family is what makes me feel at home, and somehow, 5 girls have become a new family and support system. It's nice to know I have two sets of 5 people at my side through everything.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...