Friday, February 11, 2011

What did I expect?

I had a lot of dreams about what the pregnancy journey would be like. I imagined sharing our news with family in some fun--possibly elaborate--way. Heck, I thought I'd surprise Mike with the news in an exciting fashion. I expected to drive around the city picking up various kinds of mashed potatoes (or some other random food) trying to satisfy an intense craving. I envisioned myself waking Mike up in the middle of the night saying, "I think this is it!" and rushing to the hospital, getting there just in time, and delivering a beautiful baby girl.

But it wasn't like that at all. The news leaked before we got a chance to share. Mike was the one who held the flashing pregnancy test until it read PREGNANT and actually gave me the news. Cravings? What cravings? I had one. And rather than getting to drive to the hospital because of waves of contractions, we waited for the doctors to call us saying they were ready to induce.

But what I didn't expect was how instantly I would fall in love with my baby girl; how instantly I would feel like a mother; how instantly I would feel peace and contentment in just holding her close. It has been a truly incredible day.

17 comments:

Amy and Mark said...

I love her. I'm such a boob. Mark is laughing at me because tears are coming down my face. What a little miracle! She's beautiful. Can't wait to see her!! And you!!!! You'll be the best mom in the world!!!

Jessica Rose said...

This is so wonderful!!! I am so, so excited for you!!

Brittany said...

Love this. I'm so happy for you! She is beautiful. Make sure you soak up every single second and take pictures every other second because (and I know everybody says this) they grow up SO fast. It's insane. Again, I'm so happy that the wait is over and she's finally here!

Oh, and you described my pregnancy perfectly. Nothing I expected happened either, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Jane Anne said...

She is gorgeous!!! Congrats!!

erin said...

I can NOT believe you have already posted. Then again, I can, you're Paige :)

Congrats, she looks so peaceful and happy. Enjoy these first few magical days. (and good luck with all the not so magical stuff :) )

I'll be thinking about you! Baby Ada is a lucky little girl.

katie said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! And Ada is gorgeous!

Melissa Musso said...

Congratulations! She is so precious. We're so excited for you guys!

gigi said...

AH! She's beautiful! I'm so happy for you that she's finally here!

Whitney Taylor said...

Paige! Congrats! She is so precious! The day you have your baby truly is the best day! So much joy! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy her, because they grow up fast. I feel like I had mine just yesterday and she's TWO! crazy! I'm mailing you a little something.

Brian and Rachel Maxwell said...

Oh my gosh she is so adorable! I could just hold her forever. We are so happy for you guys can't wait to meet Ada!

madamelinae said...

awwww. this made me cry. i am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

this is one beautiful head. and i bet the rest is stunning as well.
congratulations, paige and mike.
and ada: have a wonderful life.

Ariel Mae said...

Paige she is absolutely beautiful. You are making the waiting game for me that much harder. I want my baby to come now!

Courtney said...

Congrats Paige! She is beautiful!

Jessie said...

YAY!!! she's here. and she is absolutely beautiful!
congrats!

enjoy every second! you guys are going to be the best parents ever.

Meg said...

She is so beautiful. Congratulations

Rach said...

I too, am sentimental. Thanks for making me tear up my dear. I am so happy for you two. Much love from the Rachey Rach your way. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...