Friday, December 21, 2007

Noodles

Sometimes I think there is something in the water on campus. Either that or sleep deprivation affects people in a multitude of diverse ways. Tonight one of my roommates made delicious lasagna (in the oven next door because the Omen still hasn't been fixed) and we sat down as a little dorm family and had a meal together. It was a lot of fun just being with everyone. After when I got up to rinse my plate, I noticed that there was a large lasagna noodle in the sink, perfectly intact. I was shocked! The roommate who made dinner knows how much I love plain noodles! So I called her on it. She shot back "I left some in the pot for you. There should be three." Oh she knows me so well...

Well, I was sufficiently stuffed and the noodles were cold and slightly unappetizing, so I decided to make a little mischief. I think it's inherent, like pest/mischief maker is genetically encoded in my DNA. I picked up a noodle, and flung it at Roommate. It totally stuck to her face and it was one of the best moments of my young life. She looked completely shocked that I had the gall to do such a thing and as soon as she woke up from her stunned state she picked the noodle up and threw it back at me. Gasp! How could she?

We both ran to the pot and I tried to take both the noodles as a defensive move of sorts, but she was just as quick as I and within moments we were both armed with one noodle each. Squaap! Noodle to the face. Spluk! Noodle to the jeans. Pflt! Noodle down! Quick grab it! It went on like this for a good five minutes before we were laughing so hard we were tearing up and couldn't see where to fling our noodles next.

I decided again that as weird as the dorms and college in general is, I love it. I honestly love the girls I live with and through all the stress and muck that comes along with your freshman year, who better to share it with than noodle-flinging roommates?

2 comments:

Jam Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jam Rob said...

oh paige, you and your sound effects

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...