Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Birthday

Happy Birthday Karl G. Maeser. I love BYU. Thanks a million.

"I have been asked what I mean by my word of honor. I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls-- ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground - there is a possibility that in some way or another I will escape; but stand me on a floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the Circle? No. Never! I would die first." [Karl G. Maeser]

"The fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom. This life is one great object lesson to practice on the principles of immortality and eternal life. Man grows with his higher aims. Let not that is unholy ever enter here" [Karl G. Maeser]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...