Monday, January 14, 2008

Light

". . .whatsoever is light, is good, because it is discernible"
I was reading and wishing I could taste light. Wouldn't that be magical? I imagine its like holding a warm cloud in your mouth until your eyes illuminate with discernible brightness and the corners of your mouth can't keep themselves from turning heavenward. It would be filling and delicious. Probably better than Butterbeer I think. . .

I sometimes wish I had a spiritual flashlight that I could shine on areas of uncertainty and confusion and make them discernible. I'd carry it with me everywhere. But I guess, in a sense, I do have a constant guide who can help me distinguish and determine what is right and good. Thoughts can get so muddled and conflicted. They zoom around and bounce off each other in the dark catacombs of my skull. It's hard to sort them out, tie them down, line them up, measure, weigh, define. It reminds me of a song with a line that goes, "sometimes an on/off switch would sure come in handy."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...