Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tetris

Over Christmas break last year I discovered freetetris.org and as soon as the semester started I wished I hadn't. I was hooked, and when I was feeling restless with a project or I had been staring at the blinking cursor on my screen for a few seconds too long, I would frantically get on a play a few rounds. It spurred an obsession in my family, and my mom and I have been taking screen shots of our high scores and emailing them back and forth, just to rub in each other's faces how good we are.

I currently hold the record . . . I think.


I beat her out today. And the best part is that it is Tetris' birthday. Happy 25th Tetris. Beating my all-time high score felt like a good way of celebrating. Even Google is celebrating with a pretty, festive logo.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hey wait...Are we going on points or most lines cleared. Because you are not going to beat me. I have 103 lines cleared or something. Should I be going for the most points? Weak.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...