Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The letters I would have written

My sister, OlderAndWiserToo, just hit her year mark on her mission. I've been writing her nearly every week for a year. That would be close to 50 letters; 50 mostly honest letters.

If I had it my way, I would have written her these letters:
30 May 2010
Hermana,

I wish you would just come home already. I got a letter from you saying to not have a baby until you get home. Here's the problem: I took a pregnancy test yesterday and guess what? Pregnant. So now you should just come home. You know that Sisters can get honorably released for basically any reason right? I'm proud of you and I love you. But I would love you more if you would get back to P-town already.

Love, Me and Baby


7 July 2010
Come home. I miss you.

Love, Me & baby

18 August 2010
Remember how you missed Caro's visit? Me too. You should have been here. Hurry up and baptize all of Nicaragua would you?

xoxo, Me & baby girl


22 September 2010
So I hear you have a fever. Is it bad that I had to stop myself from praying that it would cause some medical problem they couldn't treat on your mission so you had to come home? I didn't. But I wanted to. Yes, I would sacrifice your physical well-being if I got to see you six months sooner. Rude, I know. But all for love (and seeing you).

Get back here already, Me & A
I feel better. And I'll just have to keep encouraging her (even though I secretly want her to be home. Tomorrow).

2 comments:

Anne said...

Me too. But wouldn't have it any other way.

madamelinae said...

that is a very honest and cute post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...