Sunday, September 11, 2011

Many good things

This weekend has been a busy one, but one filled with many good things.
  • We're really close to finishing up packing. It has been quite the job. We've packed our bags and the rest has been boxed up for storage (see you in a year, Whirley Pop *tear*). 
  • OlderAndWiserToo got her wedding dress. And it's beautiful. And I can't wait to see it on her on the 27th when we get to come back for a visit. 
  • My great friend, Dean (okay, that's not really her name, but that's what it is in my phone. . . ), gave her homecoming address after serving a mission in Paris. Gosh, I love that girl. If there is one person who is a stellar example of how to be happy, it's her. And she gave me Midge to take to Italy (I'll write more about Midge later).
  • I'm close to finishing needle-pointing Ada's stocking. I've got 3 days to finish. (But one of those days may be filled with a camera crew. . .)
I often feel like my head isn't connected to my body. Sometimes I feel like I've been watching myself from a birds-eye-view and wondering who that girl is down there. This is her life? (This is my life?!) It just goes to show that your life doesn't end when you have a baby. Nor does your adventure. Or your will to have adventure. Also, there are so many last-minute I-need-to-remembers that my head is spinning so fast that it just might take flight.

Well, it actually will take flight. As will the rest of my body. In three days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...