Sunday, March 16, 2008

Someday

i pause to gather handfuls of them
before setting it all to the wind
wish it was more like her voice
whispery and thin, delivered on air


but i'm back here again
gathering once more
what for?
i'm tired of the same steps
the same songs and same words
circles

when can i just step step step
step step step
and how will it go
and when will it all blow
away

so step step step

so open the window
get outside and breath
it's not too cold still
sun will warm the chill

so tell me me
tell me
tell me
and step step step
step step step
away from here

i'm sick of this lens
that colors all the handfuls
i can't stop gathering
my arms so full
i turn to my pockets
and set to the wind

will it someday pick up
the air that needs to blow
and get it all clear and clean and out
and then i'll step step step

step step step

to the wind

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...