Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pizza

Perhaps it is because I was deprived a kitchen for 2 months in London, or possibly I'm just finally accepting my sphere of domesticity, but I have spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen the past few days. Yesterday I made the dough for today's pizza crust. This morning I made the marinara sauce. And after work I set my hands to the stone kneading and rolling dough, and chopping and sautéing veggies for the toppings. I revamped and put together several recipes, sort of making up my own version of a conglomeration of good eats. Here's what I came up with. Mom told me it was beginner's luck. I think I'm a prodegy and am going to assume the name Wolfgang Puck.


I'm not quite sure how to quantify the recipes, but here are some educated guesses.

Crust
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons yeast
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Knead. Raise 45 minutes. Punch it down. Raise another hour or so. Refrigerate for later use or roll out. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or so (already sauced, cheesed and topped) on a baking stone or heavy duty cookie sheet lightly oiled and dusted with corn meal.
Sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water (just fill up the empty can of tomato paste)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix in a small bowl. It's pretty tricky.
Pizza
Ricotta Cheese
Mozzerella Cheese
Red Onions
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Artichoke Hearts
Mushrooms
Orange and Yellow Bell Peppers
Tomatos
Sprinkle with Feta and Parmesan
Sauté veggies with some olive oil and a bit of basil, oregano and rosemary. Not too long, remember they're going to bake in the oven as well. Spread the sauce over the crust. Smear Ricotta and Mozzerella over the sauce, veggies over the cheese, Feta and Parmesan over the veggies. Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 or until the crust is golden brown.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am SO sad I didn't a get piece of that pizza. But I am more sad that I didn't get to make all of it with you... Boo.

kpup said...

That pizza looks hmm hmm good. what would i have to do to get you to cook that for me ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...