Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Foolish

BrightBoy felt so clever. He called me this morning to tell me that he received a packet in the mail containing information about his internship this summer. In a calm but almost apologetic voice he said that due to massive budget cuts thanks to the failing economy, his salary would be considerably less. I was still in bed with my eyes closed while I listened to him thinking only two things: "Crap," and, "Good thing I'm out earning him anyway" (barely). It didn't take long for him to excitedly shout "April Fools!" and the few nerves that came unhinged quickly reconnected and I wanted to reach through the wireless connection and smack him.

If we made any less, how could we afford our luxury pad this summer? Seriously.

April is foolish. It brough more snow today and I would just like to ask it kindly to take it back. We don't want your snow. We don't want your cold. We don't want your overcast clouds and windy weather.

I swear if I see one more flake, I'm going to start sawing at my wrist with some snowman's carrot nose.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...