Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Witness

With less than a month to go there has been an increasing number of people constantly asking me, "are you ready?"

Ready? Who is ever ready? It started to overwhelm me toward the end of last week. I begun to question myself, can I do this? Is this right? Yadda, yadda, yadda, cliche, cliche, cliche. There was a quote once on an NPR piece that really struck me about how times like this is like living through a cliche, yet when it happens to you it feels so specific. These questions seem specific and important and big.

I had to escape.

I went to the temple Saturday morning and spent three hours there in quiet solitude, contemplating various aspects of the temple that I have been learning about and asking over and over again the questions that have been circulating in my mind.

I was flipping through the D&C and found these verses that were pointed out by Extraordinaire! to me years ago when we were on the family trek. I remember underlining them then and thinking, if you have your answer, why would you ask again? Now I know why. But the verses put my mind at ease. They read:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried to me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.
Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?

It made me think about the early saints who so stalwartly relied on Heavenly Father and repeatedly took the step into the dark in an act of Faith.

1 comment:

katydid said...

dear paige. don't know if you remember me (katalin) buuut... i pretty much think you're amazing. and by extrapolation, your blog is amazing. thanks for sharing such insightful/wonderful/random words with the world. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...