Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gone so soon?

I woke up this morning in a panic.

AHHH!

Is it really almost the middle of August? August being the last month of Summer? Summer being the season right before school starts?

Where did it run to? I could have sworn that I just finished up Spring Semester and we're midway through June. Not so.

Why is it that I always feel reflective and inward looking as Winter ends, but as the end of Summer looms, my mind isn't thinking, "Oh Summer. You blessed few months where I learned I would soon be a mother, where I spent countless hours with family, where I swam in the ocean and sunk my toes in the sand . . . " No, no. Instead my head is zipping about like a frenzied Mrs. Weasley screaming, "WHAT?! You're going where?! I have yet to do what?!"

Don't get me wrong. I haven't idled my Summer away. In fact, I would say this Summer has been one of the most full Summers yet. But I think it went by twice as fast as last year. Which was twice as fast as the year before.

This is a bad trend. Before I know it my Summers will be gone before I've buckled my sandals.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...