Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grateful, grateful

Mike and I have felt overwhelmed lately by the love, support and generosity of our friends and family. We owe so much to so many.

I got out my boxes of thank you notes to start making a dent in our debt of gratitude and now I have the quotations on the outside of one box bouncing around in my head.
Everyone appreciates being appreciated.


There is always something to be thankful for.


No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.
- Saint Ambrose
How true, how true.

But really what gratitude does to me is makes me feel more responsible for the way I live my life. It is a culmination of the efforts of so many that not doing well and doing right would let down a host of people. Researching my ancestors for my final show planted this thought in me: I am an outgrowth, so I should be grateful. And my gratitude needs to result in better living.

So today I resolve to be more loving, more kind, more thoughtful, more true, more generous, and more grateful. Because there is always something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...