Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sunshine

It was sunny today. Things seemed right (except for the fact that I woke up 15 minutes before my 8 am class was scheduled to begin) and I was ready to face the day with a smile. How can I be such a rollercoaster? One minute I feel on top of my game, things are in constant motion, but I'm right there along side the motion, getting swept up in the currents and pushed in new and exciting directions. Other times I just feel like I'm standing in the middle of a monsoon with my mouth open. It's salty.

It's good to know however, that I have friends who are willing to let me stain their shirts with my mascara and get gum on their car handles. Sobbing brings out a tenderness that is unlike any other and the consoling is truly beautiful. If there was one thing that I really and truly wished for everyone in the world, it would be for them to have frinds like mine, who are willing to bend, hurt and even break for you. Friends that are so wonderful you know that they would never let you fall, and if you did, they would be there picking you up and bandaging your wounds. Friends for you to lean on, even when you're an odd ball.
It's good to be loved. It's essential to know that you're loved.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...