Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fullfilling

Thanksgiving is a holiday of glutton and games for my family. Having both sets of grandparents living here in Provo, it's a pretty intense eating marathon. A few years ago (before we all got older and wiser too) we used to do double duty on the infamous Thursday Thanksgiving Day of Championship Eating. Now, one side gets Thursday and we have a "Pre-Thanksgiving Stretching Session" the Wednesday before dinner on the official Turkey Day. Although I felt like I did a decent job at not completely going over board, all I wanted to do after dinner was lay on my belly and moan for digestion to come quick to help relieve the large amounts of food that I could have sworn were expanding in my stomach and up my esophagus. Do mashed potatoes expand?

Besides the discomfort and disgust at my lack of self-control, Thanksgiving this year was exceptional. I decided it very well may be my favorite holiday. To me, there is just nothing better than spending hours with family and basking all day in the warmth of each other's company. It makes me realize how grateful I am that my family lives so close and that we share such tight bonds with one another. Hopefully next year, however, I'll realize that I should hold off a little on the appetizers. . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...