Monday, September 14, 2009

Pouring

It's storming outside my window. Loud thunder. Raindrops racing down the pane of glass. Sounding rooftops as they get attacked with water. Flashes of light, bringing contour to an otherwise flat, gray sky. Slices of brilliance seemingly severing the clouds.

I'm entranced. I can't focus on emails and designs for Christmas Cards, branding for the department . . . All I want to do is sit here and wait for the sun to break up the commotion. And for the wetness to cease.

It's amazing. I feel like I'm back east again, only this time I'm inside rather than caught in the downpour whilst walking the city streets.

Is this what majesty is?

The sun is here.

1 comment:

Channeling Jane said...

The seasons are all off in St. George. There is no crisp air that signifies it's September. You are beckoning me home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...