Thursday, March 10, 2011

Soak it up

It's been a while since I've made much art. It's also been several days since I've written in my journal or recorded my thoughts here. I've thought over and over again how I need to be writing more, recording more, responding to this new experience more. But my creativity seems to be on hiatus. And plus, how do you begin to respond to something so momentous as having a new life suddenly placed in your arms?

I wake up each morning to my little bright eyes quietly grunting (will they ever turn to coos?) and waiting for her breakfast (or was breakfast the 4 am meal? or perhaps breakfast is the 10 o'clock snack?). She's so content and lovely I don't know how I got so lucky. I wonder each day if today will be the day that I'll collage or paint or draw about my little one. But what's a drawing really? Rather than trace my pencil over paper, I'll trace my finger over her nose and cheeks. Oh I love her cheeks...

I feel like my art right now is motherhood. I'm not going to respond to it. I'm just going to do it. I'm going to be a mom and soak up the sweet quiet moments while she is still so small and everything is new.

2 comments:

Whitney Taylor said...

Beautifully spoken Paige.

Fancy Nancy said...

Ada will be your finest piece!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...