Thursday, May 5, 2011

The sun must have some mystical powers

I got to watch the sunrise this morning. It was orange and bright and beautiful. It took the edge off being up that early.

Ada went to sleep unusually early: 7:30ish. I was waiting up for her to wake and want to eat around 10, but she never woke up and consequently, I fell asleep. She starting making those hungry grunting sounds just after 2. It has been a long time since I've had to be up in the middle of the night with her. She's gotten into a 9pm - 10pm until 6am - 7am routine that is just as lovely as it is doable. (We've been ruined with such a good baby as our first...) But since she had already slept close to seven hours by the time she got up, she wasn't too ready to get back to sleep.Then she woke up at 5ish, hungry as can be.

I wasn't too excited to feed her again. I had the same pounding headache that I woke up with around 2, but I'll do anything for this girl. Yes, because she's my daughter. Yes, because I love her. Yes, because I'm the mama and mom's do all sorts of things they're not in the mood to do. But this morning I did it because she woke up smiling with her arms reaching out to me letting me know that this is so worth it.

And when my room was filled with that perfectly, morning-orangey, sunrise light, I felt like I could do anything.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...