Friday, June 17, 2011

Slow down you crazy child


I watched this video this morning. It was a good reminder to slow down. To open our eyes. To really open our hearts and minds to those around us. Last night we drove to Lakeshore and took in the beautiful country. I turned on a song and we drove towards the sunset. The valley was bathed in gold. When we got out of the car I was overwhelmed by how huge the sky was and how beautiful the mountains looked ablaze in the sunset-light. We slowed down and opened our eyes. It was rejuvenating.

My baby is asleep next to me in bed. Growing. We went to the doctors yesterday and found out she's in the 90th percentile for height. She's going to be dunking on Mike in like 4 days, I swear. I don't want to miss anything. Even precious moments when she's sleeping next to me.

I'm taking a break from the blog this weekend and going on an internet fast. I have too much to do with my little family. We're going to drive to a park for a picnic. And go up the canyon. And play outside (and maybe even take Ada swimming for the first time!). And take a nap together in the hammock. And play tennis. And watch a movie. And eat a snowie. I can't wait.

And I have to get a Father's day gift. I have a few things in mind, but what I really want to get him (kidding) is one of these:


Behold the Daddle: A Saddle for Dads (when you're horsing around). I've been laughing about it for a solid five minutes. Especially when I picture Ada's wobbly infant body up there. 

Have a happy Father's Day weekend, friends. Slow down and enjoy it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...