Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thinkng about Mary

Tonight Mike and I watched all of these. One after the other. They don't keep you on the edge of your seat, but it's all so thought provoking and beautiful to watch.

I've been thinking so much about Mary after watching the video based on Luke 1:39-55. I know I've read (over) those scriptures before, but I never really listened to what Mary prophesied. I never thought about her in such a real way. I never realized that she must have known prophesies concerning Jesus Christ. She was a devout, God-fearing woman who worshiped her Son before even knowing she was to be his mother.

While I was pregnant I was filled with many thoughts like, "What will my daughter do with her life? How will she affect those around her? What things with she teach me? What will she fill her time with?" There's no real end to these wonderings.

But Mary knew that her son was going to be crucified for the sins of the world. She knew that he was going to bring salvation to mankind. She understood his mission and his divinity. It seems almost more weighty to know than to be left in the dark about your child.

Advent Calender Day 11: Watched the Bible Videos on LDS.org
Christmas Song: Still, Still, Still by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Still, Still, Still by Mormon Tabernacle Choir on Grooveshark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...