Saturday, December 29, 2007

Enjoyment

Things that I love (and/or slightly addicted to):
o banana bread batter - pretty much I'd rather eat the uncooked form of most desserts and baked goods, but today I felt particularly domestic and whipped out a few loafs. Mmmm...what a treat. I think the best part of any baking adventure is licking out the bowl and cleaning off the beaters with my tongue. It's truly an acrobat.
o my dear friend Cathy - she uses cool words like "divine" and "wretched" and I just think that she is fabulous. She also just found a guy with the sexiest name ever. Isaac Westwood. Say it ten times and tell me you don't imagine a cruelly good-looking man with an English accent. Isaac Westwood. Isaac Westwood. Isaac Westwood...
o cable-knit sweaters. I don't think there are too many things cozier than a cable-knit sweater. Seriously.
o taking pictures of my favorite-ever red chair. I don't know where my adoration for it stemmed from. In actuality It's just a beat-up red chair, but I love it so.
o my siblings. It's strange, this growing up and moving out business. You realize after you come home that your siblings grew up, got personalities, and are actually real people! People who are fun to hang around or go to movies with.

After a bit of a wrench thrown at my parent's day by my older sister, the tension level in our house went from a 1 to a 10 in about 32.7 seconds. Me and the young'ns sought refuge upstairs and took a brief hiatus to avoid the line of fire. We brought banana bread and a board game to keep us occupied. Luckily the storm downstairs cleared relatively quickly, because my pseudo-room became stuffy and uncomfortable rather quickly.

I saw a good flick tonight. The trailor alone made me laugh out loud. The language wasn't the best and some parts were a tad awkward, but overall, I thought it was really good and quite beautiful. I thought the actress was fantastic, the message good, and the soundtrack doesn't seem too shabby either...if anyone has an itunes gift card lying around, you can post it my way...

My mother is hysterical and I'm finding out more and more that I am like her in so many ways. The latest? Strange things happen to us. Things that would only happen to us. So much so that people say "A Paige thing happened to me today" or "I just pulled a Paige." A few days ago Mom was doing electronic acrobatics while trying to send a digital greeting to our friends over seas. Uploading an avi file has never been accompanied by more groans and moans. Amidst all the cords and digitizing, a rogue cord was plugged into the back of her computer in a futile attempt to pull video off the camera. After she was finished with the cord, she went to pull it out. It was stuck and stuck good. My dad tried, I tried, we all tried and to no avail the plug was planted and she was out of luck. Someone suggested calling the Geek Squad. I didn't think the idea was too shabby. Well today, days after the fact, she was fed up with the pesky cord and announced, "I'm going in! Paige, grab me the needle nose. " I was worried for the poor computer's backside. She started yanking and pulling, and the poor stressed plastic parts were going in directions they never imagined. I ran to hold it together while she channeled her frustrations and anger into removing the senselessly stuck cord. After much twisting and turning and a bit of torque, the cord came free and was obviously battered. The thing was bent and misshapen, but Mom proved victorious and I was proud of her. What a Paige...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...