Monday, February 11, 2008

Time

And that was it. I took the parts I had meticulously strung together and had lined up on a string and untied the knot, letting the pieces fall, bounce, collide, break and get lost. I took the pieces I could find, and holding each for a moment and breathing in the remnants before completely letting go, I let obligation take hold of me as I carefully placed each in the box and filled it to the brim. I locked the chest and felt like I had created a Pandora's box of sorts. I swallowed the key and felt it scratch all the way down my throat before falling cold and heavy in my gut.

Time moves slow. Too slow. Is it spring yet? The sun teases me. The days are getting longer. I want to get away, but I guess I'll just have to wait until March. Still counting. Still counting. Still counting.

1 comment:

Millas said...

Love,
I know what it is like to have created a Pandora's box inside of yourself. That is how I am living life at the moment. Well you are not alone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...