Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hills

I've been riding my bike quite frequently as of late. I'd just rather save the gas and get the work out. My friends make comments like, "Oh my gosh do you want a ride?!" No. I'd rather you just rode your bike too. (Hooray for reducing our carbon footprint). Truth be told I have always loved my little red beach cruiser fashioned with a basket and a bell and I wish the sun didn't set so early so I could ride it to a late night movie. Aside from the aerobic benefits and my thighs that are beginning to look like his (I wish I had his personal trainer), it has been enlightening to become acutely aware of every slight incline along my path of travel. Now, even when I'm in my car, I know the stretches of road where I can shove Brian into neutral and coast (until I finally relent as the needle dips below the speed limit and I kick him back into gear). On a lucky light day I can get going to about 45 at Day's Market and until halfway up Grandma's street. If only traffic lights were always catered to me . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness that movie! Didn't matt bring that home for us? I'm not sure but i remember seeing it and being like..what the heck?. hahah i couldn't remember what it was called. but that's cool you found it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...