Thursday, July 30, 2009

Joy

My beautiful, beautiful German sister emailed me this morning. I couldn't have dreamed up better words. They covered me in sunshine and hope. They infused me with memories of love and laughter. They "filled [me] with that joy which is unspeakable and full of glory" (Helaman 5:44).

I forgot how much I've missed her. Her thoughts. Her poetry. Her grace.


She tells me she is well, that she is happy. These are words I've waited nearly two years to hear her say. She wrote:
Was sitting in the park, hiding under a big blue blanket when it started to rain. Laughed a lot. I’m still laughing. You see, I’m happy. And I’m glad I can write you: I’m happy.
We are so much the same in so many ways. Our love for travel, for the way that you find home when you find yourself far from it, our love of art and poetry and things that inspire, our love of discovery. Our love of joy. She said she cried in Vienna with joy. I cried reading of hers.

She says she might be coming to Utah next summer. I can hardly wait to wrap my arms around her and hold her close like I've been wanting to for so long. I can't wait to fill my life with her joy, and possibly let mine fill hers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...