Sunday, October 4, 2009

Zucibread

I've made this recipe a few times now and every time it's been fairly delicious. I've been a long time follower of The Kitchen Sink Recipes, this was taken off of their blog. My variations are in italics.

Zucchini-Pecan-Flaxseed Bread
Adapted from Cooking Light

2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
3/4 c granulated sugar (also try substituting honey)
1/2 c ground flaxseed
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1 t baking powder
1 t ground cinnamon
3/4 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t ground nutmeg
2 c shredded zucchini (I used about 2 1/2)
1 c plain yogurt (I've used plain and vanilla. I thought vanilla was pretty tasty)
2 eggs
3 t canola oil (I use less and it turns out just fine)
1 t vanilla extract
1/4 c chopped pecans, toasted (I use more because pecans are delicious)
3 t whole pecans, toasted (Again, I use more)
1 t raw or sanding sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine flour, granulated sugar, and next 7 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.

Spread zucchini onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Press down firmly to remove excess liquid.

Combine yogurt, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in zucchini.

Add zucchini mixture and 1/4 cup pecans to flour mixture, stirring until well combined. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle batter with 3 tablespoons whole pecans and 1 tablespoon raw sugar (optional).

Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; place on wire rack.

Share for the ultimate zucchini bread experience.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...