Sunday, October 4, 2009

ChocZuciBread

I was at the Farmer's Market and bought a zucchini bigger than a baby for 50 cents. This sent Mikey and I (well, mostly just me), into a zucchini bread frenzy. I researched dozens of recipes, compared, contrasted, adapted . . . This is fantastic. I mean, fantastic.

2 1/2 c flour (try half whole wheat)
1/2 c cocoa powder (try dark chocolate cocoa powder)
1 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
2 c sugar
2 1/2 c grated zucchini
3 eggs
1/2 c oil
1/2 milk (try chocolate soy milk)
2 t vanilla

Preheat oven at 350.

Sift together the dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients. Mix together the dry and wet ingredients until combined. Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake for about an hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy and share with people for the ultimate chocolate zucchini bread experience.

2 comments:

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

yay Paige! I'm glad I have the link to your blog now. I like the variety of things you write about.
I stole some images of our "chicken show" last fall. You documented it well. I hope you don't mind.

Madam Anonymous said...

I have tried this recipe twice now. Thank you. I read your blog often as it enlightens my mind and inspires my soul. Thank you again. You are a gifted individual Mrs. Anderson. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...