Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dorms

What fun dorm life is sometimes. I laugh heartily every day. It's a good thing.
“A smile starts on the lips, A grin spreads to the eyes, A chuckle comes from the belly; But a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, Overflows, and bubbles all around” [Carolyn Birmingham]

Tonight was especially funny. One Roommate introduced us to "Potty Yaztee: The Pre-Wipe Game" (because we don't want all your nasty germs on the buttons.) It's grand fun, as well as a phenominal team sport. We go through a few games a day, each rolling a few times every time we, ahem, "go." Last night I jovially exclaimed "YATZEE!" while in the bathroom and the girls cheered when I got out. Even though it was a Yatzee of ones, I still felt accomplished.


After I walked down the hall only to find Roommate trying to reach something in the top of her closet. I couldn't resist. I pushed her in the closet and scrambled for her keys while I held the door with my foot. I tried to lock her in, but instead just held her there while listening to her idol threats and cries. Hysterical. When I let her out she pounced and tickled me until tears were streaming down my face. They weren't only tears of laughter, but also tears from her amazingly lethal hipbone that was stabbing my lumbar region during the entire episode.

We both recovered eventually and after she remembered a fantastic discovery she had made earlier that day.
"Warm Delight Mini's!" Unfortunately I'm having a no treat week (what lousy week for one. Had I known, I would have postponed...) but I think most of the reason why I am so enamored by them is because a) 45 seconds in the microwave is incredible and b) it is sheer, complete and utter instant gratification. Sometimes it just feels good to "just add water" even though my stomach protests.

Another discovery of last night, well, more of a rediscovery was The Incredible Mr. Limpet. We all fell into a heap of nostalgia as we reminisced about childhood movies, especially this little gem. We mentioned in Sunday, but couldn't remember the name. After 3o minutes of googling I finally figured it out and my research was met with much excitement and squealing. Girls are decidedly squeally.

Lastly, we forced all the Mates to get gmail accounts so we could chat during our boring classes. We justified it by saying at least we wouldn't be sleeping. Right?

1 comment:

Chad Lewis said...

Yeah, dorm life is always memorable! Plus, roommates are really the ones who stick to you through college. Lol at the Gmail accounts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...